Here is a selected Gallery of wedding images on Party Slate (photos by Tim Daw)
ABOUT THAT ECLECTIC WINE COUNTRY WEDDING…
I am writing this Spotlight myself… since it is about my own wedding.
(I am Audette Sophia the owner & executive director of Catalyst Arts)
Planning my own wedding made me appreciate how much work it is to be both visionary & detail oriented on so many pieces at the same time.
It made me appreciate how difficult my event planner clients jobs really are. 🙂
I did have some planning & logistical operational support from Catherine Moor of Big Day Of- & that did make a huuuge difference.
Our venue was the lovely historical Buena Vista winery – in Sonoma, CA
Here are some creative choices we made to make our wedding a little bit unique…
* We had an Interactive Arts installation at the Welcome table– where guests were asked to write their blessings & good advice for us on Hearts & Feathers. This is essentially the same function our strolling Love Dove character has at weddings but we made it into a static Art station experience instead.
* We had an MC that helped to weave the various portions of the evening together & get people’s attention when needed as well as convey what was next in the program. Jasper was a fantastic addition since he played ambient accordion before the ceremony, made announcements at the reception, and opened up the toasts & performances during dinner.
* We had some strolling entertainers during our Wine Reception including a Magician, Accordionist, Polaroid photo people, & of course a Wine Skirt
* After the Reception & before Dinner we invented a little portion we called the
EXPERIENCES & took over the Bubble Lounge & Wine Caves to host unique sensory interactivities, since it is my experience that something special happens when people are actually engaged in activities & participating vs witnessing.
We created a little Passport & put inside the Program holder that told guests what was available during this portion.
The Experiences we had were:
-An elegant Polaroid Photo booth station with fabulous Hats & props,
-A Skin Decoration station with 2 face painters (both kids & adults went for it) & DIY temp tats
– A ‘make your own essential oil blend’ station with lovely bottles & good smells
– A 3d Shadows in the wine cave with Christine Marie hosting projections that jumped out at you as you looked at them with 3d glasses
* During Dinner after some toasts we had a few featured Performances before we opened up the dance floor- including our MC singing a song, my brother in law rapping, & a totally gorgeous ballet performance by my friend Marlowe in her White Swan costume.
Here is a Collage of most of our Wedding Entertainment & Interactivities
I look forward to getting to put this experience to good use with other peoples weddings.
Catalyst Arts has both the ideas & the roster of talent to make weddings truly special & memorable.
If you have anything coming up that you would like our help making extra special…